Road bikers in front of our swimming pool
Whether you are training for an event such as the “L’etap du tour” or just want to improve fitness levels, we can provide the perfect venue for you.
There are a wide variety of cycling routes in this part of Andalucia - inland, coastal, or mountain - and, with a great all year round climate, this area is an ideal training base.
Other advantages include:
- hills of the Sierra Nevada and Andalucia
- low traffic density and excellent road surfaces
- best climate in Europe, allowing year round road cycling.
- fantastic scenery
- lower cost of living than many of the traditional road biking resorts, such as Mallorca.
One week road cycling programme
Our 7 day personalised road biking programme, including accommodation, costs only £250.
The programme includes accommodation (with swimming pool), with buffet breakfast, refreshments and snacks on rides, complimentary beer and wine, and a one week personalised road biking programme programme (incorporates one free day). Vehicle back up is available.
Accommodation will be either be in our cortijo, with swimming pool in season, or in suitable accommodation nearby. The programme does not include flights, airport transfers, insurance or evening meals. Airport transfers can be arranged - please see our Prices page.
For evening meal, clients can eat out in the many reasonably priced restaurants in Orgiva or self cater.
We aim to be flexible regarding start and finnish day in order to allow you to find the best flights.
Typical seven day road biking programme
A weeks programme of routes will be created, and detailed route advice and profiles will be supplied, along with transfers and refreshments supplied. Typical routes will be 50 to 100km with hills of various categories, routes will take 4 to 6 hours. We also offer full vehicle support if required and workshop facilities. On certain routes we are happy to accompany you.
- Day 1 - Transfer from Granada or Málaga airport to Órgiva. Introduction and short warm up ride.
- Day 2 - Briefing and circular excursion from Órgiva to Beznar and Las Guajares. 80km, 4-5 hours biking.
- Day 3 - Vehicle transfer to Alhama Granada circular route of 80km, 4-5 hours biking return vehicle transfer.
- Day 4 - Circular excursion from Orgiva to Trevelez (Spain´s highest village at 1800m) 70km, 4-5 hours biking.
- Day 5 - Circular excursion from Orgiva to Sierra Contraviesa at 1300m, Cadiar, Torviscon, Orgiva 70km, 4-5 hours biking.
- Day 6 - Day off to relax - Market day in Órgiva.
- Day 7 - Circular excursion from Órgiva, Velez Benaudalla, Motril, Castell del Ferro, Hazo de Linea, Orgiva 80 km, 2000m of climbing, 5-6 hours biking.
- Day 8 - Pack up bikes, exchange e mails with new found friends and transfer from Órgiva to Granada or Malaga Airport.
The above programme should only be taken as a general guide. We will make every effort to tailor the programme to suit your require road bments, abilities and preferences and are happy to customise the itinerary with regard to start and finish dates, routes and days off.
Full support for “point to point” road trips
We can provide full back up and logistics for ‘point to point’ road trips.
This includes bike hire if required, safe keeping of bike bags or boxes, luggage transfer to your accommodation each day, appropriate routes (on maps or GPS) and accommodation. All you have to do is turn up at Malaga airport and enjoy some of the best biking to be had anywhere (in terms of scenery, climate and roads), and we take care of the rest of the details.
Please e-mail us with your details and requirements for a quote.
For more information contact David.